When a person goes through a divorce, their life is changed in more ways than one. The process of divorce ends a marriage, separating two lives that were brought together over an extended period of time. It is because of this that there are various legal matters to handle, including child custody, child support, the division of assets, alimony, and more. These are extremely important issues that should not be taken lightly. That is why it is critical to have an experienced Georgia divorce attorney at your side who can guide you through these matters to the future that you want.
Why Do I Need an Attorney?
When a divorce takes place, it usually ends up becoming a highly discussed topic. People tend to offer their own opinions and advice on the case, even if they do not have the proper experience or knowledge of the case to do so. During this time, the only person who can be trusted to guide you through this challenging time in your life is a skilled divorce and family law attorney. Through open and honest communication, an attorney can help you fight for the future you want and find the best possible outcome for your case.
What Can an Attorney do For me?
Throughout the entire divorce process, there are a variety of tasks that need to be accomplished. These can often be overwhelming and difficult, which is why no one should handle them on their own. Instead, an attorney can be there to do the following on your behalf:
- Assess the case to determine which court has jurisdiction on the matter
- Develop a strategy to advise clients about all aspects of the case, including the treatment of assets and child matters
- Prepare legal documents to file with the court
- Conduct discovery to obtain information from the other party (depositions, requests for production of documents, written interrogatories, etc.)
- Appear at all court appearances, depositions, and conferences
- Schedule all deadlines and court appearances
- Support clients in responding to information requests
- Inform clients of actions they are required to take
- Perform financial analyses of the case
- Conduct the necessary legal research
- Prepare clients for all court appearances and depositions
- Prepare the case for hearings and trial, including preparing exhibits and interviewing witnesses
- Advise clients about their rights under the law
- Counsel clients about the risks and benefits of negotiated settlement compared to trial
Contact our Firm
Alfred Law Firm, LLC is proud to serve clients in Georgia when they face legal matters related to family law and criminal defense. When legal issues arise, it is important to have the guidance of an experienced attorney that can help you obtain a favorable outcome. Contact our firm today to schedule a consultation.